Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday November 8, 2007

Today is a great day & a sad day all in one.....if such a thing is allowed. I received a phone call this morning at 6am Honolulu Time (8am Seattle Time) from my mom. I figured that she was just anxious & eager to talk to Nyomi, because today is her 8th birthday. And I was right....she asked if she was awake yet & wanted to sing to her. But before I could pass the phone, she said "wait, i have to tell you something....." & she told me that Auntie Bridgette Menza had passed away early this morning at home. I then passed the phone to Nyomi.....

After Nyomi got off the phone, I immediately called Kapua to check in on her & to see how she & the family was doing. I feel so awful that I cannot be at home with her, however I need to be a mommy & make sure that my baby has a great day as well, since we are not at home in Seattle with our family.

So while I'm in Honolulu on vacation & today is my baby's 8th birthday....I am still sad, not only because of a loss of a great auntie, mom, mother inlaw, wife, tutu, etc...but because I simply cannot be there for my best friend. I love all of you in Seattle & miss you all....

Auntie Bridgette along with Auntie Haunani & Auntie Patsy at Kaha'i's 1st Bday Party


These photos were taken at Auntie Bridgette's BBQ held over the summer







*****************************************************************

These photos were taken this morning while at the beach at Ko Olina



No comments:

Post a Comment